What is an annual wellness visit?
- It is a yearly appointment with your primary care provider (PCP) to create or update a personalized prevention plan. This plan may help prevent illness based on your current health and risk factors. Note: This is not a full physical.
- Who should have an annual wellness visit?
- If you’ve had Medicare for more than one year, you get one free wellness visit each year.
What are the advantages of annual wellness visits?
- Prevent health problems: Your doctor can review changes in your health, identify risk factors for problems and offer advice on how to manage them.
- Vaccination review:Shots are not just for kids. Immunizations are an important way to prevent diseases and infections such as shingles.
- Review medication prescriptions:It’s important to discuss over-the-counter medications to prevent side effects, and any prescription medications you take.